Forest and Wildlife Department,
Government of Uttar Pradesh, India
Forest Research Institute, Kanpur
Our Research Programmes
- Development of improved protocol for raising large plantation of Dendrocalamus asper
(Edible bamboo), Resistant clones of Shisham and Bambusa wamin (Pitcher bamboo)
through tissue culture.
- Ravines trials in Research centre Mathura.
- In vitro clonal multiplication of various Bamboo species under National
Bamboo Mission Scheme.
Ongoing Research Programme
- Tree improvement for some important forestry species (State Sector Scheme)
Raising of quality planting material under ongoing scheme of 8-12 fit seedlings.
(Van Nigam Scheme).
- Establishing Seed Production Area and selection of CPT under
State Sector and UP Campa scheme
- Experiments for standardization of technique
for in vitro clonal multiplication of Chandan, Parijaat and Rudraksh under artificial
- Collection and supply of high quality seeds to the
different forestry divisions, from our pre established seed sources.
Ease of Doing
U.P. Forest Statistics
Forest Based Industry