Research wing has developed new technologies for clonical multiplications, vermin
composition and afforestation of degraded lands in uttar Pradesh It has also developed
new technologies for pollution abatement through afforestation: Some of the significant
achievements are listed below
- Improvement in nursery technology and use of root trainers for production of quality
seedlings and clonal multiplication of tree species like Eucalyptus, Dalbergia sissoo,
- Development of new poplar clones and research of suitability of
poplar clones in different Agro- Climatic Zones.
- Establishment of seed production
area, seedling seed production area and Clonal Seed Orchard of Eucalayptus hybrid
Tectona grandis, Bombax ceiba, Dalbergia sissoo, Acacia nilotica and prosopis juliflora.
Supply of quality seed to different forest divisions.
- Developing technique
for Vermicomposting with the help of of red-worms.
- Suitable models for afforestation
of saline- alkali soils (user), ravines & brakish water areas of Uttar Pradesh.
Ecological survey of Dudhwa National park and Bird Sanctuaries of Samaspur and
- Determination of calorific values wood density and burning properties
of 100 tree species.
- Studies of root behavior of different tree species in
- Study of D.Sissii mortality in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Evaluation of azadirechtin rich neem seed zones available in different ecosystems.