Forest and Wildlife Department,
Government of Uttar Pradesh, India
Forest Research Institute, Kanpur
- Study of fire as a management tool for enhancing the productivity of D.strictus
forests of Vindhya Region.
- Climatological studies including establishment of
meteorological observatories and recording of various meteorological parameters.
Study on forest hydrology and watershed management including water uptake and biomass
- Studies on screening of suitable tree species for afforestation
in areas infested by industrial effluents e.g. tannery, dairy, distillery and refinery.
Environmental improvement through afforestation including role of forest trees in
mitigating air pollution.
- Studies of biological method of fly ash stabilization
through afforestation on ash dump and yard near thermal power station.
on variation in the soft moisture regime under various tree species during stress
- Reclamation and restoration of degraded ecosystems including ravines
and dry rainfed areas of Vindhya Regions through in-situ soil and moisture coservation
- Development ad standardization of germination technique
for forest tree seeds viz Azadirachta, Acacia lebek, Dalbergia sissoo and Prosopis
- Survey ad selection of bamboo CPCs from different agro-climatic zones
of U.P. for ex-situ conservation and evaluation fo genetic resources of bamboo.
Setting up of Research cum demonstration of problematic areas.
- The Institute
has been recognized as Research Centre for Ph.D.
- Preparation of volume and yield
tables of different timber species.
- Establishment of seed production areas of
34 important species over an area of 2485.556 hects. Seedling Seed Orchards of 35
important species over an area of 211.103 hects.
Clonal Seed Orchards of eleven important species over an area of 114.67 hects ad
selection of more than 91822 candidate Plus trees of 46 important forestry species
for supply of quality seed to various forest divisions of U.P. ad other users.
- Publications or research bulletins, leaflets, research papers and
lab to land leaflets in hindi for dissemination of technologies developed.
Ease of Doing
U.P. Forest Statistics
Forest Based Industry