Forest and Wildlife Department,
Government of Uttar Pradesh, India
Tendu Leaves, Collection, Storage and Marketing
Section and unit system
- The work conducted in the section are as follows: -
- Section Officer after the deployment along with unit officers, shall inspect his
section unit-wise for water supply/ management, etc. and initiate the proceeding
of selecting sites to find Food. To solve the problem of water, repair old hand
pumps, temporary arrangement from Water Institute, with respect of arrangement of
tankers etc. section officer shall inform divisional logging manager to obtain necessary
- To arrange for trucks / tractors etc. to carry the Tendu from foods
- To assist logging divisional manager in the selection of food
clerks and checkers.
- To prepare a list of sensitive foods and discuss the issues
with Logging divisional managers and get instructions and initiate necessary action.
To manage workers to work at foods and arrange vehicles and housing for outside
workers for their transportation.
- To provide funds for the bags and other consumables
from division store to units/foods.
- To improve/repair the roads
if necessary for transportation of Tendu and obtain necessary approvals by informing
divisional Logging Manager.
- Unit Officers will work under the direction of the Section Officer
in the following manner: -
- Selection of food sites, submit information regarding employment of food clerks/checkers.
Water management in funds, fencing of foods.
- Accommodation for outdoor workers.
- Distribution of Tendu collection and remuneration cards to workers
and make entry in the Tendu collection form.
Food clerks shall arrange on their Faddsthal for water, tarpaulins, lanterns, fencing
Ease of Doing
U.P. Forest Statistics
Forest Based Industry