Forest and Wildlife Department,
Government of Uttar Pradesh, India
Tendu Leaves, Collection, Storage and Marketing
Tendu collection methodology
Logging Manager will notify the start-up dates of Tendu collection faddwise
and unit-wise to subordinate staff.
- Block Making: Food clerk shall clean foods, get them fenced and seized and shall
plot a layout of blocks of 5X6 meters (layout) with lime.
- Tendu purchase: At the time of receipt of Tendu will be checked for number of stacks,
inspected for quality, etc. Food clerk / Checker. The stack which shall have lesser
leaves than 50 suitable for biri making, will be corrected and opened to make the
number of leaves correct. The corrugated stacks having cracks, Debia, Chheda will
be cancelled and be separated to get them destroyed so that they may not serve them
- Food clerk will count permissible stacks brought at food by each worker
and place them in rows in the block 25X 40 such that bond remains on the lower surface
and the lower leaf get folded.
- Food clerk shall make date wise entry of Tendu
collection brought by each worker as well as the details of Tendu leaves collection
will be entered into daily notebook. The foods where the card system is not prevalent
the workers will be issued coupons.
and moulding: Food Munshi shall aerate the bundles properly after 3 days drying
in order to dry the bundles well. Food Munshi shall mould the stacks after two to
three days of aeration.
- Kasti: After drying the leaves in bundles food Munshi
properly irrigate the leaves and shall Kasti them. Shall ensure soil dusting from
erecting the bundles.
- Filling of sacks: - Food clerk shall fill the stacks
bundles in sacks after satisfactory drying so that the lower corners of the bag
are not empty. They shall mark the unit's name in the space, food name, number of
bundles on the bags and keep the sacks standing.
- After filling stack in the bags the food clerk shall get them turned around.
Ease of Doing
U.P. Forest Statistics
Forest Based Industry